Many people understandably assume that a cat's coat is determined by - or interchangeable with - its breed, but like everything pertaining to your favorite regal, furry beast, it's complicated. Remember the Human Genome Project, which brought scientists from around the globe together to map the entire genetic blueprint of the human race? Well, the cat genome sees the human genome and raises it to a new level of weird, fantastic, and just slightly crazy.
Watch the Fur: The Science Behind Why Your Cat is a Prince Harryesque Ginger or a Deaf Albino
- Torties and calicos - feisty and sassy as the day is long
- Shorthairs - reach for the Ritalin
- Longhairs - will (probably) not sass you that much
- Gingers (orange) - friendly and fun
- Tricolors - just don't even
- White - aloof and just not here for your issues
Don't forget to follow us on Instagram: @prettylittercats
Delivered straight to your front door, every month. We’ll even pay your shipping.